We believe you should always know what data we collect from you and how we use it, and that you should have meaningful control over both. We want to empower you to make the best decisions about the information that you share with us.
Table of content
This policy describes what personal data we collect, how we use it, and your choices.
We collect information from you when you register to join the Re:Coded Newsletter, as well as when you visit and take actions on Re:Coded websites.
What We Collect
Data collected from website visitors
You may choose to interact with our websites by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to Re:Coded, such as giving us your name, email address, password, and other information when signing up for an account, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages.
Data collected from registered users
When you create and edit an account on our websites, you voluntarily and knowingly provide basic information about yourself, including possibly the following:
- name, job title, organizational affiliation
- email address
- demographic information such as city and country of residence
- group and email preferences
- ther information relevant to member surveys
On some forms, you can choose to provide additional information, such as a photo, your professional background, etc.
Use of data
- Re:Coded uses the personal data that you provide and the technical information logged by our servers to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Subscriber communications. We will only communicate with you by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you.
- Inform you about our activities and updates.
- Compliance with any legal obligations.
- Reporting on website usage using aggregated web analytics.
- Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our websites to improve your experience on our websites (such as remembering your name, the items in your Basket, or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
Disclosure of personal data
We will not trade, share, sell, or lease your personal data to third parties or partners unless we are required by law to do so. The information you provide will be used exclusively by Re:Coded.We may be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.